Did you know that for Devil’s Food Cakes often appear alongside Angel Food cakes? But, maybe you’re searching for something that’s just sinfully delicious tonight, and that’s this recipe for Devil’s Food Cake. Good thing that National Devil’s Food Cake is coming up! Observed annually on May 19th, this holiday for chocolate lovers is enjoyed by those around the country and throughout the world.
• 1/2 cup butter
• 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
• 2 cups white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup of water
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a small pan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Cream together the sugar and the eggs until light in color. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and temper mixture by beating well. Add 1 cup of boiled water and blend well.
4. Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and blend well.
5. Add the vinegar and the milk and stir into the chocolate batter, then pour it into the pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The best clue is that you will start to smell the aroma of chocolate filling your apartment home!
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of The Enclave at Woodbridge Apartments in Sugar Land, Texas.